Saturday, August 30, 2014

Mi Familia de Rover's



 
 All good things must come to an end and Im afraid its that time for my Arequipa adventure.  Im sad for many reasons;  one being I was so excited to move here and am disappointed that the job didn’t turn out as I had hoped and second of course saying goodbye to the incredible friends I have made while living in this great White City.

Goodbyes are tough after you have settled for awhile, and to be honest getting back on the road is s bit of a scary thing.  It is weird to be on an unknown road after spending so much time in a place that you now consider home.  But, it is time for this feather to jump on that gust and be carried away,so with a saddened heart, a swollen cheek, bloody knee, a few extra kilos in my body, paint stained clothing and the echo of dice in my ears I would like to say thank you.

Thank you so much for the incredible memories of UV nights, toga parties, drag parties, bar dancing, drunk topless backpackers,   Circus, Déjà vu, extremely late nights at Peace and Love, BARRACHAS, the stench of the staff room, smurf nights, Teo always managing to get people naked especially my goodbye party, free shots, smart shots, brass monkeys, rock star status, late night strip shows at circus only to wake jp with business cards in hour pants, infections, street dogs, chicken sandwiches,Arturo’s picnic, sushi nights, civiche lunch’s, my favourite bar in the world, and a family.  I have never had so much love from a group of people, you opened up your hearts, your arms and lives and gave me everything for no reason at all.  There are no words to express my love for you guys.  You are truly my family and I miss you guys so much already, even those of you who have already floated away.

It’s weird to think I am not going to see you guys everyday.  Sandra for being there to greet me every morning. Teo with your swagger and the only Peruvian I know who speaks better English than the gringos, and somehow you have a creepy psycho way of knowing everything, I will miss your ass slaps however my ass needs a rest your hand has left an imprint, don’t find another dance partner while I’m gone.  Jen, the love of my life, so much has happened since you left, it seems like just yesterday that you left, hurry and come back to me please.  Loquito for your bad drunken spelling and always making sure I got home. Claire it was only a short time but I still
miss you, our straw dresses, missions and girls night I love you.  Will, I have worked in many bars over many years and you are by far one of the best managers I have had, you are so laid back and always let me get away with everything.  You have done so much for me and I will miss your smile and hour carefree attitude, you are like my brother and took me in when I crashed after the guys left, thank you for making me apart of your family.  Arturo, thanks for giving me a job and changing the schedule I will not forget your kind heart  when I was at a low point estas mi amor.   Monica estas mi pequena barrachas.  Carlo, dont cry I will be back mi ermano, te amo.  To the little women on the street corners that sell the chicken burgers, I never told you but I love you, your burgers make me happy and fill my tummy , whenever I need food you are there, except one time you were sold out, but you are forgiven, thank you for filing my tummy and giving me a few extra kilos that I am taking with me, I would love to take you but didn’t think it would be appropriate, I will miss you. Titi, you have the biggest heart I know, you are always there and doing things for people around you and never asking for anything in return, I promise to come back to you so don’t worry.  Claudia, what can I say here, estas mi ermana, I love you so much girl, you became one of my best friends after the guys left, you were always there when I needed a hug, a glass of wine or just a girl talk (about penis’ lol), follow me when you can.   Eric, you could always make me smile, just seeing you made my heart light up, thanks for being your crazy Irish self even if it means Phil and I carrying you home, I love you brother and will see you soon. Too my Germans who came when I really needed people like them in my life, thanks for the smiles the laughs, talks
with Tobi and Lea being my drinking partner, especially when it came to 18 rounds of dice.  Ceyhan, you have no idea how much everyone has missed you and can not wait for you to return.  I miss your crazy ways, your barefeet behind the bar, teachers nights, your clapping, “come on guys”, your hugs, our talks and well I really just miss you so hurry up and get back here.  Phil, I changed after you left, my focus and what I want to do and where I want to be all changed when you got in that cab.  Its not a bad thing, sometimes we need to be awakened mentally even if it hurts like crazy. You have inspired me more than you know and it has really helped me get back on my gust. Thank you for the moments and the memories.  And last but not least….Freddie, you are by far one of the most incredible people I have had the pleasure of meeting.  My love for you is strong and I am extremely gutted I had to say goodbye.  We were always close but we got even closer after Ceyhan and Phil left, it was almost like a safety thing, like we both felt safest when the other one was there.   You always put me first and would drop whatever it was you were doing when you saw I was in need of a friend.  I will miss our talks and late night conversations in the staff room. To being the only two people working, peace and love, after hour rum in the room, all the times we kicked you out for nap time and being the only person to (still) see my tears.  You are my brother, and I will miss you till the end, please go home and take your course, I don’t need to worry about you.  Please take care of you as Im not there anymore to wake you up for work or make sure you are home ok.  Just remember you are the last one standing.


Well with tears in my eyes and a wave of my hand I am on my way to begin a new adventure. This feather has finally found her gust and is ready to float along with two new feathers.

Ciao for now mi familia de rovers, te amo.

3 2 1 Wild Rover

Barrachas!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment